There are several ways how to work with us in R&D. The basics are as follows:
- Contractual research
- Collaborative research
- Feasibility studies
- Student & Graduates programme
For a research organisation, the main criterion for the results achieved is the use of the application. Contractual research is now our most preferred type of cooperation with commercial partners, and the growing amount and interest of our customers proves the positive trend in this field. Our professional approach and expert solutions allow us to solve the most complex tasks and achieve the goals set by our customers. A major customer is our parent company MEGA, but more and more orders are coming from foreign companies.
Within the contractual research, the customer:
- defines the research requirements and participates in its implementation,
- is funding the research,
- understands the potential risks,
- has the legal right for the results.
- Contractual research in the field of of liquid media and gas processing.
- Solving specific one-time requirements to perform tests, optimising existing technologies, characterising materials used, implementing innovation in the client’s portfolio.
- Contractual supplies of laboratory and pilot equipment or the whole technologies.
- The concentration of thermal water, including delivery of technology.
- Development of bipolar membranes.
- Possibility to use the electrodialysis process to separate salts of sodium hydroxide and ammonium sulphate.
- Treatment of waste dump waters.
- Removal of organic substances from boiler feed water.
- Demineralisation of the L-carnitine product.
- Demineralisation of the xylose product.
- Desalination of glycols using electrodialysis.
- Possibility to use electrodialysis to process different types of solutions in cheese production.
- Desalination of technological water after biological treatment using electrodialysis.
- Lithium chloride desalination using electrodialysis.
- Electrodialysis with bipolar membranes to improve drinking water parameters for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Regeneration of sulphuric acid and sodium hydroxide from black liquor after lignin precipitation using electrodialysis.
- Demineralisation of peptone solutions using electrodialysis.
- Stabilisation of wine concentrates using electrodialysis.
- Possibility to use electrodialysis in wastewater treatment after gypsum production.
- Possibility to use the electrodialysis in wastewater treatment from cooling-tower blowdown.
- Demineralisation of acid goat whey using electrodialysis.
- Removal of a high content of nitrites from sweet whey powder using electrodialysis.
Collaborative research is another type of possible cooperation with MemBrain. The customer and the research organisation are partners in solving the project and share the possible risk and achieved results.
- Collaborative research in the field of of liquid media and gas processing.
- Solving specific one-time requirements to perform tests, optimising existing technologies, characterising materials used, implementing innovation in the client’s portfolio, etc.
- Contractual supplies of laboratory and pilot equipment or complete technology.
- Contractual supplies of laboratory and pilot tests.
The feasibility study assesses all the relevant factors that may affect the project's feasibility or practicality, i.e. technical, economic (resources required, benefits, achieved value), time and legal. It therefore objectively covers the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, to assess the likelihood of successful project completion. We have carried out several feasibility studies in different fields.
- Verification of high concentration level of hydrochloric acid using electrodialysis.
- Production of sodium hydroxide and sulfuric acid from waste sodium sulfate using electrodialysis with bipolar membrane.
- Treatment of landfill wastewater using membrane processes.
- The technology of hydrogen separation from waste gas.
- Gas membrane separation for biogas upgrading.
STUDENT & GRADUATES PROGRAMME
We offer university students cooperation in creating bachelor's and master's theses and the opportunity to gain practical experience in the Membrane Innovation Center in Stráž pod Ralskem. Furthermore, we welcome students of technical fields (chemistry, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, measurement and regulation) with interesting ideas. We are open and ready to help with their implementation.
We offer you the possibility of part-time jobs and study internships. Under the supervision of experts in the field of membrane processes, you will be able to get to know this promising field, its innovation, production and technological processes, and company culture, which will allow you to gain valuable experience for your future professional career.
→ Watch a brief introduction of MemBrain by Marek Bobák, Director of Research and Development. (video, 1:52 min, YouTube)
We also offer cooperation in your study activities, as offering suitable topics for master's and dissertation theses, professional guidance and material support. We also support and appreciate the best works financially. Internships, excursions and part-time jobs are organized in cooperation with study departments and secretariats of partner universities or directly with the heads of individual university institutes, departments and faculties. Support for master's or postgraduate theses is organized directly with your supervisors or with your student projects leaders.
→ See what Robert Válek, Head of the Membrane Division, has to say about student internships and supervision of theses. (video, 1:44 min, YouTube)
Students and graduates can find employment in the areas of Laboratory of Membrane Processes, Mathematical Modeling of Processes and Technologies, Research Projects and Grants, Separation Materials and Membranes, Membrane Modules and Equipment, Membrane Processes and Technologies.
WHAT DO WE OFFER TO STUDENTS?
- Support and assistance of membrane process experts
- Excellent technical background of the science center - SEM, ICP, gas chromatography
- Pleasant environment in a Czech company cooperating with universities
BACHELOR'S, MASTER'S AND DISSERTATION THESES
- Support during the creating of your thesis
- The possibility of working on interesting topics in the Membrane Innovation Center, especially in applied research
- Professional management
- Device support
- Takes place in Stráž pod Ralskem and in place of your residence or in the dormitory
- Target reward
Examples of diploma thesis topics:
- Development of ion exchange membranes with antimicrobial additives
- Use of electrodialysis in "Zero Liquid Discharge" processes
- Latexes as matrices of heterogeneous ion-exchange membranes
- Design of biogas purification technology for vehicle propulsion using membrane separation
- Influence of membrane poisons on membrane properties
- Treatment of seepage water from solid waste landfills
- Yield and quality of biogas in anaerobic fermentation of grass
- Desalination of the glycerol phase by electrodialysis
- Membrane selectivity in the treatment of sodium sulfate by electrodialysis with a bipolar membrane
- Adequate financial reward
- Depending on the task, the job can also take place in place of your residence
- It is usually a research job
- The condition of this form of cooperation is the completion of a professional internship at MemBrain
- Takes place at any time during the year, starting according to individual agreement
- Try everything firsthand
- Gain practical experience
- Learn to work under the supervision of an expert on tasks both independently and in a team according to the focus of your field of study
- Present the results of your work to people in the management of industrial companies,
- Start at any time during the year
- Takes place in Stráž pod Ralskem
- Provided accommodation
- Free lunch on working days
→ See what Radovan, Rastislav and Martin from Slovakia, Kateřina Hradečná from the Czech Republic or Kirill and Maksim from Russia say about internships. You can find more videos on our YouTube channel.
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN US FOR AN INTERNSHIP?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Cover letter, to let us know why do you want join us
- The year you are studying
- The length of the internship
- The date that suits you (to provide you with accommodation and tutors)
- Whether you have completed an internship with us in the past
- A possible topic that you are interested in (if you don't know, it doesn't matter, we will choose something together), if you have started writing your bachelor's thesis, write its topic
- Student status certificate
WANT TO KNOW MORE? CONTACT US, WE WILL BE HAPPY TO TELL YOU MORE DETAILS.
Contact e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +420 606 379 882.