The analytical laboratory of MemBrain offers comprehensive characterization of ion-exchange membranes and ion-exchangers:
- Characterization of membrane materials,
- comprehensive characterization of ion-exchange membrane,
- evaluation of laboratory measurement including long-term statistics,
- service of an accredited laboratory,
- expert cooperation with specialists from universities and cooperating institutions (Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic Prague, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic Prague, University of Pardubice).
The laboratory performs laboratory examinations and tests to evaluate the qualitative properties of produced membranes. It is equipped with devices to measure electrochemical properties, semiautomatic titrator, laboratory thermal scales, measuring device of particle size distribution by laser beam scattering, vacuum dryer, vacuum evaporator, microscope and other instruments necessary in this laboratory (shakers, analytical scales, dryers, homogenizer etc.).
Comprehensive characteristic of the input material for production of IM contains these analyses:
- measurement of the ion-exchanger swelling,
- measurement of the ion-exchange capacity of ion-exchanger (IEC), granulate, membrane foil (MF), ion-exchange membranes (IM),
- measurement of the ion-exchanger humidity after drying operation – inter-operational check (MOK),
- measurement of the ion-exchanger humidity after grinding operation – MOK, continuous inspection of the ion-exchanger processing,
- measurement of the size distribution of the ground ion-exchanger particles,
- total capacities of ion-exchangers.
Comprehensive characterization of the produced IM lies in measurement of their electrochemical and physical properties:
- sheet and specific resistance of IM,
- permselectivity, anti-ion transference number of IM,
- microscopic examination,
- hydraulic permeability,
- physical properties of IM (change of weight, width and thickness in the dry and wet conditions).
Processing of measured data in the form of tables, graphs, final reports and statistical evaluation.
The technological laboratory of MemBrain offers:
- analyses, solution drafts,
- laboratory and pilot tests,
- evaluation and project preparation,
- cooperation with an accredited analytical laboratory,
- expert cooperation with specialists from universities and cooperating institutions (Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic Prague, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic Prague, University of Pardubice),
- possibility to rent laboratory ED units,
- production of a tailor-made laboratory unit.
The technological laboratory contains model units of pressure and electro-membrane process that allow performing verification technological operations.
The laboratory analyses the incurred problems, proposes their solutions and performs laboratory verifications. We also prepare projects and conduct pilot tests on our mobile units directly at the customer’s.
Our team is equipped with units for electrodialysis, electrodeionization, micro-filtration, ultra-filtration, nano-filtration and reverse osmosis. Laboratory facilities are fully fitted with devices supporting operation of model units (multimeters, thermostats, dosing pumps, cooling boxes, multifunctional photometers, turbidity meters, titroprocessors, analytical scales, cryostats, hygrometers, furnaces etc.). Many measuring instruments allow direct communication with computer technology, which improves the quality of evaluation of performed work activities (graphs, tables, long-term statistics).
Our customers are companies from the following branches:
- food-processing industry,
- dairy industry (desalination of whey),
- drinks and fruit juices (stabilization of wine, desalination of fruit juices),
- sugar industry,
- spirits industry,
- pharmaceutics (fermentation solutions),
- power engineering (production of demineralized water, waste water treatment),
- environmental protection.