The research in this laboratory is closely connected with the main component of membrane separation processes – the membrane. Here we investigate the properties of materials for the development of membranes, i.e. some mechanical and electrochemical parameters (swelling capacity, resistivity, permselectivity), and suitability for further use.
OUR FACILITIES AND DEVICES
Examples of our devices:
• Mastersizer 2000, Mastersizer 3000
• Laboratory thermal scales
• Porometer: 3G Z
• Differential scanning calorimeter: DSC PT10
• Tensile and Compression tester: H5K-T Tinius Olsen
• Rotational rheometer: Haake Mars III
• Cell oven for stress relaxation: Elastocon
• Scanning electron microscope SEM: FEI QUANTA 250 FEG
We are equipped with other instruments necessary in this laboratory (shakers, analytical scales, dryers, homogeniser).
• Comprehensive characterization of ion-exchange membranes and ion-exchange resins – the customer can send us their samples.
- measurement of the ion-exchanger swelling,
- measurement of the ion-exchange capacity of ion-exchanger (IEC), granulate, membrane foil (MF), ion-exchange membranes (IM),
- measurement of the ion-exchanger humidity after drying operation – inter-operational check (MOK),
- measurement of the ion-exchanger humidity after the grinding operation – MOK, continuous inspection of the ion-exchanger processing,
- measurement of the size distribution of the ground ion-exchanger particles,
- total capacities of ion-exchangers,
- sheet and specific resistance of IM,
- permselectivity, anti-ion transference number of IM,
- microscopic examination,
- hydraulic permeability,
- physical properties of IM (change of weight, width, and thickness in the dry and wet conditions).
- Processing of measured data in tables, graphs, final reports, and statistical evaluation, including long-term statistics (upon customer’s request).
For the scope of our analysis provided, see the Laboratory Analysis (pdf).