Membrane processes are widely used in many industrial branches (e.g. in pharmaceutics, electrical engineering, food-processing, industrial waste water treatment and, last but not least, treatment of demineralized or purified water). These procedures are based on the ability to separate, using a membrane, the input solution of treated water to desalinated and concentrated flows on the basis of physical and chemical properties of the input solution.
The company MemBrain s.r.o. offers laboratory and pilot units of membrane technologies, resulting from its own research and development activity:
Laboratory and pilot units of electrodialysis
- Electrodialysis units are convenient for treatment/desalination of various solutions.
Laboratory and pilot units of electrodeionization
- Electrodeionization units are used for preparation of purified water and replace standard demineralization of water using ion-exchange technologies.
Laboratory and pilot units of reverse osmosis
- Reverse osmosis units are convenient for removing dissolved solid substances, bacteria, viruses and other germs from water. They are used for desalination or concentration of dissolved substances of liquid solutions and for preparation of demineralized water.
Pilot units of cross-flow micro-filtration
- Cross-flow micro-filtration units serve to remove turbidity and stop fermentation and for final filtration of wine before bottling. Due to the size of membrane pores, they ensure colloidal and microbial stability of wine.
Laboratory and pilot units of micro-filtration
- Micro-filtration units are used to retain particles with the size of 5–0.03 μm, which corresponds to bacteria, colour pigments, dust micro-particles, oil emulsions etc.
Laboratory and pilot units of ultra-filtration
- Ultra-filtration units are used to retain macromolecules with the molar mass of 2–200 kDa (size approx. 100–3 nm), which corresponds e.g. to viruses, proteins, polysaccharides or colloidal particles.
Laboratory and pilot units of nano-filtration
- Nano-filtration units separate substance to approximately 20 kDa, which corresponds e.g. to molecules of saccharides, paints, pesticides and herbicides.
Laboratory and pilot units of gas separation
- Pilot units are intended mainly for purification of biogas or separation of nitrogen and oxygen.
- Laboratory unit is used for measuring membrane modules for gas separation when using binary gas mixtures.
Individual devices can be connected, designing a hybrid and integrated membrane technology to resolve specific requirements from customers. Units can be used for research and education purposes for universities and research centres interested in membrane separation processes and also as low-capacity technologies in industry. We offer standard units from our portfolio, as well as development and production of tailor-made units. For all units, we provide spare parts.
- Electrodialysis_pilot_unit_P2 EDR-X 268 kB
- Electrodeionization_unit_MPure 508 kB
- Wine_Cross_Flow-MF 264 kB
- Pilot_unit_RO_NF_UF 275 kB
- Pilot unit_bioCNG_12 274 kB
- Laboratory unit P EDR-Z_17 327 kB
- Laboratory unit P EDR-Z_4x_17 358 kB
- Laboratory unit P EDR-Z_4x_00 406 kB
- Laboratory unit P EDR-Z_00 264 kB
- Pilot unit P1 EDR-Y 301 kB